tiistai 16. elokuuta 2011

Queenstown - An activity junkie's Mecca

If you're into activities such as bungee jumping, skydiving, kayaking, whitewater rafting, skiing, snowboarding, ice-skating or any other activity that can be imagined, you'll be sure to find it in Queenstown. Situated in Central Otago, in the middle of the mountains on the shores of Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown is New Zealand's current ”the place to be” for travellers. The place reminded me a bit of the towns in the Alps, in which great numbers of ski tourists congregate to spend their days skiing on the mountains and their evenings in the bars getting hammered. 

I do not have any photos from Queenstown since my camera battery was empty all the while. Me and my friends hopped off the Stray bus here for about five days, which we filled with alternating days of being either drunk or hungover. My friends went skiing a couple of times but I decided to stay at the hostel since my budget will have to be stretched in order last all the way back to Finland. As a popular tourist destination Queenstown is not cheap, but at least you can find some pretty good deals for activities online from bookme.co.nz. Accommodation is also more expensive than in less populated destinations.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti